YOW-CHYUN SHYU (徐幼群)ORCID Follow
|Profile 2016-06-22 13:34:01|
DDS, national Taiwan University, 1978
|Career and Experience||
Attending Physician, Department of Dentistry, National Taiwan University Hospital.
Visiting scholar in advanced prosthodontic, Biomaterial, Hospital Dentistry Group of UCLA USA, 1999
1.Fixed and removable prosthodontic treatment.
2.Dental implant prostheses.
Research Outline 2014-11-11 10:02:291.Use of dental implant in prosthodontics
How to design proper implant site and direction in partial or fully edentulous patientsfor supporting prostheses and to choose correct implant material with prosthetic parts to accomplish oral rehabilitation. Recent interest is the long-term effect of dental implants placed in the grafted edentulous bony ridge.
2.Prosthetic treatment for gerodontic patients
(1)How to treat and prevent the special situations of geriatric patients, such as attrition, cervical and root caries, xerostomia, loss of periodontal support etc.
(2)How to use precision attachment in removable prostheses.
(3)How to use conventional or implant-retained prostheses to reconstruct the severe ridge resorbed patients.
(4)How to use fixed and removable prostheses to manage the severe attrition cases.
3.Combined use dental implants in maxillofacial prosthesis
To design the most profitable dental implants in the remaining oral-facial structureand use various possible attachments to improve the retention and stability of maxillofacial prostheses.
Publications 5 2014-11-11 11:14:13
Ordered by publish date
- Effect of interleukin-1β on ICAM-1 expression of dental pulp cells: role of PI3K/Akt, MEK/ERK, and cyclooxygenase Clinical Oral Investigations 2014 | journal-article Scopus: 8 Web of Science: 8 Impact Factor: 2.386
- Effect of piezoelectric instruments on healing propensity of alveolar sockets following mandibular third molar extraction Journal of Dental Sciences 2012 | journal-article vol.7,no.3,page.296-300 Scopus: 7 Web of Science: 6 Impact Factor: 0.619
- Comparison of the microstructure of crown and root dentin by a scanning electron microscopic study Journal of Dental Sciences 2010 | journal-article vol.5,no.1,page.14-20 Scopus: 11 Web of Science: 9 Impact Factor: 0.619
- Compositional characteristics and hydration behavior of mineral trioxide aggregates Journal of Dental Sciences 2010 | journal-article vol.5,no.2,page.53-59 Scopus: 11 Web of Science: 10 Impact Factor: 0.619
- In vitro effect of laser irradiation on cementum-bound endotoxin isolated from periodontally diseased roots Journal of Periodontology 2002 | journal-article vol.73,no.11,page.1260-1266 Scopus: 4 Web of Science: 3 Impact Factor: 3.392