EDDIE HSIANG-HUA LAI (賴向華)ORCID teacher.alert
|teacher.Profile 2017-08-03 17:38:10|
1. Doctor of Philosophy, Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, School of Dentistry, National Taiwan University
2. Master of Science, Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, School of Dentistry, National Taiwan University
3. Doctor of Dental Surgery, Department of Dentistry,School of Dentistry, National Taiwan University
|Career and Experience||
2. Resident Training Program Director, National Taiwan University Hospital.
3. President, Association of Family Dentistry, Taiwan, R.O.C.
4. Chief Supervisor, Taiwan Association of Orthodontist, Taiwan, R.O.C.
5. Executive Director, Association of Hospital Dentistry, Taiwan, R.O.C.
1. Basic research in Orthodontic
2. Biomechanical and Biomaterial
3. Dental Education and Manpower
4. Basic research on molecular biology
1. Outstanding Achievement of Teaching Material, National Taiwan University Hospital, 2014
2. Copper Award in Dental Education, Taiwan Dental Association, 2013
3. Outstanding Achievement of Medical Teaching Award, National Taiwan University Hospital, 2011
4. Outstanding Achievement of Medical Service Award, National Taiwan University Hospital, 2010
5. Honored Fellowship,
International College of Dentists (FICD), 2009
Outstanding Achievement of Medical Teaching Award, National Taiwan University Hospital, 2011
teacher.ResearchOutline 2014-11-01 15:36:081.New Mini-implant System Development
Create a more simple mini-implants anchorage system, which have no anatomic limitations, and can be applied to every condition by animal study. We also want to reduce the inflammation of the soft tissue near the implantation and enhance the orthodontic applications by the special design of the head. With the new design, we can improve the shortcomings of the present miniplates and miniscrews, which can not only achieve better orthodontic outcomes, but also reduce the treatment duration. And we hope to introduce them to other field of the clinical dentistry and orthopedics.
2.Craniofacial-dental growth, development and orthopedic treatment
The long-term follow up observation of the different types of skeletal malocclusion treated by orthopedic appliance and compared with a group of skeletal class III malocclusion without any orthopedic treatment will make it clear the craniofacial-dental changes during treatment and posttreatment. These results will give important information for the treatment of skeletal malocclusion.
3.Orthodontic force system analysis
Force magnitude and force direction are basic factors of obvious importance in orthodontics. However, the determination of forces in most orthodontic appliances is very limited. A lot of previous studies have investigated the issue of threshold and optimal forces for moving the teeth and the appropriate appliance design to achieve specified forces.
teacher.Publications 29 2014-11-03 12:07:50
Ordered by publish date
- Core clinical competencies for dental graduates in Taiwan: Considering local and cultural issues Journal of Dental Sciences 2014 | journal-article Scopus: 2 Web of Science: 1 Impact Factor: 0.488
- Mechanical properties of temporary anchorage device Journal of Dental Sciences 2014 | journal-article Scopus: 0 Web of Science: 0 Impact Factor: 0.488
- Correlation of rater training and reliability in performance assessment: Experience in a school of dentistry Journal of Dental Sciences 2013 | journal-article vol.8,no.3,page.256-260 Scopus: 2 Web of Science: 2 Impact Factor: 0.488
- How to achieve proper overbite - Lessons from natural dentoalveolar compensation Journal of Dental Sciences 2013 | journal-article vol.8,no.4,page.341-347 Scopus: 1 Web of Science: 1 Impact Factor: 0.488
- Orthodontic treatment of a complete transposed impacted maxillary canine Journal of Dental Sciences 2013 | journal-article Scopus: 0 Web of Science: 0 Impact Factor: 0.488
- Simvastatin inhibits cysteine-rich protein 61 expression in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts through the regulation of sirtuin-1/FoxO3a signaling Arthritis and Rheumatism 2013 | journal-article vol.65,no.3,page.639-649 Scopus: 21 Web of Science: 22 Impact Factor: 2017 N/A
- Simvastatin suppresses osteoblastic expression of cyr61 and progression of apical periodontitis through enhancement of the transcription factor forkhead/winged helix box protein O3a Journal of Endodontics 2013 | journal-article vol.39,no.5,page.619-625 Scopus: 7 Web of Science: 7 Impact Factor: 2.807
- Administrative management of dental departments in hospitals in Taiwan: A field survey Journal of Dental Sciences 2012 | journal-article vol.7,no.4,page.359-366 Scopus: 2 Web of Science: 2 Impact Factor: 0.488
- Damage to the root after tooth movement towards a temporary anchorage device: An animal pilot study Journal of Dental Sciences 2012 | journal-article vol.7,no.2,page.171-178 Scopus: 0 Web of Science: 0 Impact Factor: 0.488
- Effect of simulated debracketing on enamel damage Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 2012 | journal-article vol.111,no.10,page.560-566 Scopus: 3 Web of Science: 2 Impact Factor: 1.969
- Effects of thread depth, taper shape, and taper length on the mechanical properties of mini-implants American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2012 | journal-article vol.141,no.3,page.279-288 Scopus: 29 Web of Science: 28 Impact Factor: 1.472
- Epigallocatechin-3-gallate diminishes cytokine-stimulated Cyr61 expression in human osteoblastic cells: A therapeutic potential for arthritis Rheumatology (United Kingdom) 2012 | journal-article vol.51,no.11,page.1953-1965 Scopus: 6 Web of Science: 3 Impact Factor: 4.818
- Field survey of dental manpower in Taiwan's hospitals Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 2012 | journal-article vol.111,no.6,page.305-314 Scopus: 5 Web of Science: 2 Impact Factor: 1.969
- Simvastatin alleviates the progression of periapical lesions by modulating autophagy and apoptosis in osteoblasts Journal of Endodontics 2012 | journal-article vol.38,no.6,page.757-763 Scopus: 24 Web of Science: 22 Impact Factor: 2.807
- Tissue reaction surrounding miniscrews for orthodontic anchorage: An animal experiment Journal of Dental Sciences 2012 | journal-article vol.7,no.1,page.57-64 Scopus: 4 Web of Science: 4 Impact Factor: 0.488
- Landmark identification errors on cone-beam computed tomography-derived cephalograms and conventional digital cephalograms American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2011 | journal-article vol.140,no.6 Scopus: 17 Web of Science: 16 Impact Factor: 1.472
- Orthodontic-prosthetic implant anchorage in a partially edentulous patient Journal of Dental Sciences 2011 | journal-article vol.6,no.3,page.176-180 Scopus: 1 Web of Science: 0 Impact Factor: 0.488
- Simvastatin inhibits cytokine-stimulated Cyr61 expression in osteoblastic cells a therapeutic benefit for arthritis Arthritis and Rheumatism 2011 | journal-article vol.63,no.4,page.1010-1020 Scopus: 19 Web of Science: 18 Impact Factor: 2017 N/A
- Major histocompatibility complex class II transactivator inhibits cysteine-rich 61 expression in osteoblastic cells and its implication in the pathogenesis of periapical lesions Journal of Endodontics 2010 | journal-article vol.36,no.6,page.1021-1025 Scopus: 4 Web of Science: 4 Impact Factor: 2.807
- Long-term stability of an adult class III open-bite malocclusion treated with multiloop edgewise archwire Journal of Dental Sciences 2009 | journal-article vol.4,no.3,page.149-158 Scopus: 0 Web of Science: 0 Impact Factor: 0.488
- A method to transfer planned implant locations to a preorthodontic cast Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 2008 | journal-article vol.100,no.2,page.153-156 Scopus: 3
- A Novel Polyurethane-based Root Canal-obturation Material and Urethane Acrylate-based Root Canal Sealer-Part I: Synthesis and Evaluation of Mechanical and Thermal Properties Journal of Endodontics 2008 | journal-article vol.34,no.3,page.303-305 Scopus: 12 Web of Science: 11 Impact Factor: 2.807
- A Novel Polyurethane-based Root Canal-obturation Material and Urethane-Acrylate-based Root Canal Sealer-Part 2: Evaluation of Push-out Bond Strengths Journal of Endodontics 2008 | journal-article vol.34,no.5,page.594-598 Scopus: 13 Web of Science: 14 Impact Factor: 2.807
- Comparison of treatment outcomes between skeletal anchorage and extraoral anchorage in adults with maxillary dentoalveolar protrusion American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2008 | journal-article vol.134,no.5,page.615-624 Scopus: 47 Web of Science: 42 Impact Factor: 1.472
- Radiographic assessment of skeletal maturation stages for orthodontic patients: Hand-wrist bones or cervical vertebrae? Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 2008 | journal-article vol.107,no.4,page.316-325 Scopus: 23 Web of Science: 19 Impact Factor: 1.969
- Relationship between age at menarche and skeletal maturation stages in Taiwanese female orthodontic patients Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 2008 | journal-article vol.107,no.7,page.527-532 Scopus: 6 Web of Science: 6 Impact Factor: 1.969
- Stability of miniplates and miniscrews used for orthodontic anchorage: Experience with 492 temporary anchorage devices Clinical Oral Implants Research 2008 | journal-article vol.19,no.11,page.1188-1196 Scopus: 54 Web of Science: 48 Impact Factor: 3.624
- Three-dimensional dental model analysis of treatment outcomes for protrusive maxillary dentition: Comparison of headgear, miniscrew, and miniplate skeletal anchorage American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2008 | journal-article vol.134,no.5,page.636-645 Scopus: 34 Web of Science: 34 Impact Factor: 1.472
- A retrospective analysis of the failure rate of three different orthodontic skeletal anchorage systems Clinical Oral Implants Research 2007 | journal-article vol.18,no.6,page.768-775 Scopus: 102 Web of Science: 94 Impact Factor: 3.624